Main > The Armoury

coat of plates kits

<< < (2/2)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-07-18, 16:31:22 ---Sir Ulrich is slowly moving in to the 14th century year by year... :)  Welcome to the dark side!

--- End quote ---

And you know what that means, right? It's only a matter of time before he hits the 15th. ;)

Sir Ulrich:
Quite possible I am getting into 14th slowly though more of the earlier half, I really like the idea of mixing plate and maille, though I wont be getting a bascinet helmet anytime soon, I prefer bulky looking helmets the most due to my choice of aesthetics. I do regret getting integrated mittens in my gambeson though, now that I realized without it it would be more versatile with separate maille mittens, which I DO plan to get visby gauntlets someday. Not sure if I will be doing 15th soon though, that would require a total revamp which I do not have the funds yet for, though I prolly could put a foot soldier's kit together rather cheaply, thats how I began the 13th century kit, as a foot soldier.

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-07-18, 16:31:22 ---Sir Ulrich is slowly moving in to the 14th century year by year... :)  Welcome to the dark side!

--- End quote ---

curse you 14th century plate mafia!! stealing all the good ones from the chain gang.  Never mind chain was the best the world had to offer for over a thousand years, no, it all goes to practical technology! :D

and on that hypocritical note, I've been debating that very kit, and then modifying it to be more of a St. Maurice kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version