Main > The Armoury

Trestle Table and Setting

<< < (2/3) > >>

B. Patricius:
I was admiring this on the book of faces  8) very nice.

I'm worried I'm too "baby moose" though for things built like that though.  I do carpentry, and I love using hand tools.  I was thinking furniture would be a good idea.  Anyone have links to period stuff, not that SCA fantasy stuff, that I can do that's well, more sturdy?

I don't mean to hijack your post Sir Ian, just thought of it as I was on here.  Absolutely beautiful, the grain came out awesome with that stain.  Just I'd butcher that in one weekend probably lol :D that and my gimpness could never get out of those chairs probably, nowadays, any folding type, just folds in on me on the way up because I need the support.  ;D  It's not the age, it's the miles!  :-[

again, you did a nice job finishing that set.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: B. Patricius on 2013-07-06, 01:01:51 ---I was admiring this on the book of faces  8) very nice.

I'm worried I'm too "baby moose" though for things built like that though.  I do carpentry, and I love using hand tools.  I was thinking furniture would be a good idea.  Anyone have links to period stuff, not that SCA fantasy stuff, that I can do that's well, more sturdy?

I don't mean to hijack your post Sir Ian, just thought of it as I was on here.  Absolutely beautiful, the grain came out awesome with that stain.  Just I'd butcher that in one weekend probably lol :D that and my gimpness could never get out of those chairs probably, nowadays, any folding type, just folds in on me on the way up because I need the support.  ;D  It's not the age, it's the miles!  :-[

--- End quote ---

http://modernchivalry.org/forum/index.php/topic,2018.msg26950.html#msg26950

http://modernchivalry.org/forum/index.php/topic,2024.0.html

I also posted a bunch of random pics of furniture things on my site: http://james-anderson-iii.com/projects/pages/table/ (poke through the 'projects' section for other things). I have some other pics I need to post, maybe I'll start a new thread with the current setup since I'm making a few changes in the next few months.

Lord Chagatai:

--- Quote from: B. Patricius on 2013-07-06, 01:01:51 ---I was admiring this on the book of faces  8) very nice.

--- End quote ---

Most of my SCA friends that make furniture, make it very period and historically accurate and very sturdy. I weigh a bit and can sit on most stuff very comfortably....so most of the SCA furniture is not fantasy brother but historically accurate....I can put you in touch with some if you want....

Lord Murchadh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lord Dane:
Very nice but what is with the armor glove??? Is that a Serving Gauntlet?? LOL Must be the origins of the oven mit.

B. Patricius:
Lord Murchadh,

I meant no disrespect.  Just in my area, lots of fantasy "viking" stuff, or pop tents and fold up chairs.  Didn't mean for it to come out dissing the whole SCA and sincerely, it's a prejudice I need to work on.  The people around me have left a dire sour taste in my mouth certainly.  Again, like I've told others, it shouldn't ruin the whole crop.  I apologize wholeheartedly.

Sir James,

thanks for the links bud!

yis
B. Patricius

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version