Main > The Armoury

Poleaxe and Falchion

<< < (3/4) > >>

B. Patricius:
I'd like to know where people think it's required for history to be boring!  I LOVE this guy.  Experimental archaeology at its finest to me, not for the scholarly aspect, but because it will hopefully get more people interested!  It's just like MythBusters, yeah they're nuts, but when people ask about my gradwork, and I say "MythBusters" they immediately go "oh cool!" and then some, "can you get me on the show?"   ...  ::)

I also think Experimental Archaeology was some LARPr's genius way of being able to do his graduate research in what he loved.  I know that's what I'm doing anyway.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Gerard de Rodes on 2013-07-01, 18:56:18 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2013-07-01, 08:52:30 ---I liked those videos when my friend Eliot showed me them while back. Almost makes me wanna move to the UK for the reenacting actually.

--- End quote ---

Come on then, the more the merrier  ;)

Yes he`s a little eccentric, but does support our medieval history.
G.

--- End quote ---

The guy's throwing pianos and small cars with trebuchets are eccentric. I think it's just an english word for "awesome guys to hang out with".

Curious about the breastplate; thickness, steel type, heat treated or not...

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-07-06, 01:44:21 ---Curious about the breastplate; thickness, steel type, heat treated or not...

--- End quote ---

I was thinking that about the "Templar" coat of plates myself.  Just because it's a COP, that looks awfully tailored, more like a brig.  I'm still debating on my torso protection.

Good catch Sir James.  After you posted that, it made me look more at his armour too.

MacDimm:
That's not Templar, it's St. George's Cross, represents a soldier of England. I believe his garb is based on a Hundred Years War foot soldier. It does look very templar though.

Sir William:
Loved the bowman vid- I like his easygoing style, it isn't all dry and bookish, he looks like he's having fun.  One thing I did note tho, he only pulls the string to his chin, not his ear, and the arrows look shorter than I thought they'd be.  I've read of arrow lengths of 3 feet (36") which would require a man to draw back further than his chin, if only because his arm is but so long.  I'll have to see if I can recall where I'd read that.  Barring that, he was just planting arrowheads like I would seeds.  Impressive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version