Main > The Courtyard

Longsword used in West Crown Finals for June '13.

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir William:
I wouldn't even play with you guys w/out a cup and I trust you all implicitly!  I'm impressed that he got up after taking such a shot.  I remember when my then-2 year old gave me the hood stomp while I was holding her and I know I didn't get up for at least 3 minutes after that.  lol

Thorsteinn:
I think y'all misunderstand, Miles wore a cup (SCA regs require it), it's just that I was thinking a Steel Alloy cup would be a good upgrade.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-06-27, 02:13:33 ---I think y'all misunderstand, Miles wore a cup (SCA regs require it), it's just that I was thinking a Steel Alloy cup would be a good upgrade.

--- End quote ---

Oh, that's good then. Upgrade may be in order. Or a bigger shield. :)

Sir Brian:
The odd thing though about wearing a cup is it doesn’t always stop all the kinetic energy which can still impart enough force to achieve the same effect as a lighter direct hit. Case in point when I was a teen (many decades ago ;)) and competing in a karate tournament hosted by my dojo in which we allowed ‘light’ contact to the groin and in one of my matches the guy I was fighting hit me with a round kick at full power that dropped me like a rock even though I was wearing a cup.   :-\

Sir William:
Does Zoombang make cups?  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version