Main > The Armoury

Identify this sword

<< < (3/3)

Sir Ulrich:
That sword actually looks quite nice, first gen Albions are nice, for that price with the scabbard thats a steal. If you want a next gen then save your money. Joe Metz actually told me the original blades were made by Angus Trim not Del Tin, I did check the weight on them they weigh about the same as next gens, just the hilt components are slightly different. Albion actually sells bare blades that are from the first gen on their site as well for solo projects.
 I actually had a bad case of buyers remorse from my old maille so I suggest getting what you want. I know I am eventually gonna want a next gen, I'm just waiting for a second hand one to be sold because I dont think I could ever afford a new one.

Lord Dane:
Always count on Sir James to hype up over spending on overpriced toys. :)

Sir William:
Ahhh...the 'Crecy Grete Swerd' as it was billed in one MyA article.  Unlike the current Crecy (like mine or Sir Ian's), which is a type XVI, the FirstGen Crecy was a type XIII, blade by DelTin I believe.  As the others have said, this is a good sword, and I've noticed that Del Tins have gone up in price (if not in quality) so $430 is about what it should be- so long as there aren't any major issues with the sword.  I'd check to see if that scabbard's a tight fit for that sword...I'd bought one where the scabbard was actually for a different sword and the fit was about as good as you'd expect if you'd say, bought a pair of shoes two sizes too large.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version