Main > The Armoury

Identify this sword

(1/3) > >>

Lord Dane:
Professional opinion from you forum sword enthusiasts, please identify this sword from the pics below: (Note detail & why you think it is so)

Thorsteinn:
Is it the new MRL "make your own sword" sword? It kinda looks like one and it has all the elements of one.

Sir Edward:
No, the mark on the blade is Albion's "First Generation" line. It looks to me like it's their First-Gen Crecy:

http://www.myarmoury.com/swor_alb_crec.php

The "first gen" swords used mostly Del Tin blades, but I'm not sure if this model did or not. In any case, it's their current "Next Gen" line where they make all of their own blades.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-06-23, 12:48:12 ---No, the mark on the blade is Albion's "First Generation" line. It looks to me like it's their First-Gen Crecy:

--- End quote ---

Yep, that's their old maker's mark.  It's not this sword: Next Gen Albion Crecy

The 1st Gen Crecy, depending on when it was made it may or may not be hot peened, and it has a different blade style than the current XVI Crecy.  The grip is different too.  Hilt construction on 1st Gen Albions is not the same as Next Gen albions (wedged guard, and hot peened). 

Sir James A:
Maker's mark was the big identifier, based on the pictures. Based on the file name, they are all "Crecy" too. ;)

Is that a new acquisition of yours?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version