Main > The Armoury

A new member's kit

<< < (3/3)

B. Patricius:
Lord Dane,

who else is portraying a Templar?  I know of only one other and that's because he's on the cover of the mainpage.

I gotta agree, a half-circle cloak would really complete the look!

I also don't blame you for not wanting to wear the gambeson if you don't need to.  I wear an aketon then my gambeson then my coat of plates... in Arizona heat!  We're already breaking 110s regularly.  Good news is it's dry though, so it doesn't "stick" so bad and the sweat can evaporate quickly.  I swear, every time I take off my helmet, pull down my coif and hood, I loose about 20 degrees!

I also understand your differing pants for fighting.  I actually fight in braies and hose, because they're cooler in the heat than wearing real pants under my cuisses and armor.  They're all cotton, machine washable, and with as few seams as I can manage ;) haven't torn my braies yet, but I have gone through a pair of board shorts practicing  :o

Sir James A:
Hail and welcome! Nice kit.

Sir William:
I love the look of tailored maille...if I wasn't so lazy, I'd have done mine already.  Nice kit, good to see the odd Hospitaller, few enough around here.

Lord Dane:
Me for one but I only wear that kit when needed. I have one kit for each persona. One for SCA, one for my personal heritage, one for Crusader sakes, and one for the Order.

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Welcome McDimm and nice looking kit so far, you never stop wanting to add to and improve your kit.
I too used to portray a Temlar on occasion with my old 13th century group. My brother  can represent an Hospitaler from 12th C to 14th C....

G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version