Main > The Armoury

Some new acquisitions

(1/10) > >>

Sir William:
This isn't everything mind you, just what I could gather together for an impromptu layout- as Sir Wolf has waved the ban hammer menacingly in my direction, so here goes.  ;)

New crest by Jeremy O'neail (sp)

Splint arms and legs by WCA, pauldrons by MT (the leather's dark blue, pauldrons have been blued)

The back of the splint stuff

WTC Coat of plates and brig gorget

Back of the CoP and gorget

New gonfalon by Dirk and Arrow in case you haven't seen it

And my shield by Oakheart Armory, in case you haven't seen that

I won't bother mentioning the other stuff til I can take pics of it. 

Glossary of terms
WTC = Winter Tree Crafts, a VT based armory
WCA = West Coast Armory, a CA based armory
MT = Mercenary's Tailor, an upstate NY based armory (no longer 'open' for business, but you can still catch the odd sale from him; if you see him on AA (AL) posting something for sale and it'll fit you- buy it.  You won't be sorry.)

Ian:
Nice stuff!!  I particularly like that CoP.  Now put it all on and take pics... or.... wait for it.... BAN!

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-05-23, 13:46:09 ---Nice stuff!!  I particularly like that CoP.  Now put it all on and take pics... or.... wait for it.... BAN!

--- End quote ---

Seconded. Nice stuff Sir William. :) I love the 'bluing' but it works better for your attire than mine as I tried. Black paint worked better and was less time consuming. WCA offers good pricing for their splinted armor. The Wisby CoP you have is style #1 & looks really good. I bought a kit & did my own. Came out good too. :)

Sir William:
Thanks, Dane.  I've been slowly (and quietly) acquiring this stuff over the last six months or so.

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-05-23, 13:46:09 ---Nice stuff!!  I particularly like that CoP.  Now put it all on and take pics... or.... wait for it.... BAN!

--- End quote ---

I need help with it, believe it or not; tried setting it and pulling it on like a t-shirt and nothing doing.  Plus, I can't take pics of myself w/out that full length mirror a la Sir James.  Maybe someone'll snap a few at VARF next weekend, depending on what I go with.  If its real hot then it'll be the maille hauberk, chausses (KoA) and plate bits at shoulders, elbows and knees (all MT).  I'm hoping my VL boots show up too otherwise I won't be able to go with chausses and I'll need to put holes in my cavalier boots to accept the knees.  Legs need work too as I've got to mate them up with my cuisse belt (Pitbull) and see if those lacings w/aglets (Historic enterprises) are going to fit the bill.  I'm hoping to use that cuisse belt for the maille chausses as well as the splint legs; the splint legs won't debut in my kit til the fall, when my surcoat, torse & mantle and helm are done.  I may get rid of the current splint setup, I dunno yet.  I'm not in love w/them.

Have thought of using them with the CoP as a generic man-at-arms as a backup in the event my stuff's not finished.

Sir James A:
Awesome! That crest looks insanely cool. Can't wait to see it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version