Main > The Armoury

New Great Helm

<< < (6/7) > >>

Lord Dane:
Yeah!! Then you can spend.. spend.. spend... as though with her approval. Good plan!!!! Shop!! Shop!! Shop!!!  ;D

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-05-24, 21:52:03 ---Ahah! Excellent. Once your lady is on board with it, the sky's the limit! :)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-05-24, 22:04:03 ---Yeah!! Then you can spend.. spend.. spend... as though with her approval. Good plan!!!! Shop!! Shop!! Shop!!!  ;D

--- End quote ---

yeah, one of the perks too, is we do all our own soft kits.  I'm no armourer (yet ;D), but all our soft kit, my templar, her hand-stitched 14th cotehardie, my Irish/Spanish Ren kit, and even my period 1660 justacorps cost us barely over $200.  It's AWESOME!

The fact she enjoys this stuff almost as much as me (we have debates lol, she's an Art History major, I'm archaeology) is truly the greatest part of all this.  I am truly blessed with my lady.  8)

Hrolfr:
I have rare earth magnets holding my torse and mantle to my helm (a skop).  It works well. It is a bit cheesy, but fun.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Hrolfr on 2013-05-27, 16:28:44 ---I have rare earth magnets holding my torse and mantle to my helm (a skop).  It works well. It is a bit cheesy, but fun.

--- End quote ---

Any pics? I don't know what a "skop" is. I'm curious about the magnets too vs drilling.

Thorsteinn:
So when can we expect the helm to have it christening with scraps, dents, and so forth?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version