Main > The Armoury

New mace aquired

(1/4) > >>

Sir Ulrich:

So I ordered this mace from a Czech maker known as Wulflund. It was the exact design I wanted, flanged and wooden handled. I ordered it on April 24th and it already came. In all honesty it feels a bit top heavy and maybe the handle is a big long but thats probably how it is SUPPOSED to be. I almost feel like even with armor on this could do a LOT of damage. This thing would make a maille hauberk basically useless for protection. It reminds me of the River Thames mace that Sir Edward owns, which was the mace I wanted, cept this one seems to have less of a "polished" look and looks more rough and dulled with the patina on the head. Personally I prefer it with the patina, it looks ancient and cast from iron rather than a brand new shiny mace. I did ask for a longer handle but they gave me it shorter, personally I think it's better they did because the longer handle seems awkward to use, it looks slightly different from the one I saw on the pic though, like they improved the design. In any case I am happy with it, now I finally own the mace I have always wanted instead of settling for one I don't really want. And this only cost me 125, shipping was 20 bucks. So it was a good deal nonetheless, cause I've seen similar ones sold here for over 200.

B. Patricius:
That's a good functional looking mace there Sir Ulrich!  I'd love to see what that can do, and everything I have read seems to lead my understanding of early maces to be quite tip heavy and definitely designed for gruesome clubbing.  I kind of always think of them in a nerd sort of way as the medieval period's "HULK SMASH!!"  ;D

I was also thinking of ordering some things from Wulflund too, but was a bit over-cautious because of it being overseas.  How'd the transaction go?  That was really quick delivery!

Sir Ulrich:
I payed via PayPal and sure they charged a SMALL fee for it but it was still only like 5 bucks. It went smooth, they asked me how long I wanted the handle which I said 60CM the whole mace itself is 60 CM guess thats what they thought I meant. They shipped it and it got here in 2 days no joke. The reason it took longer earlier is I assume they were forging or casting it. It's got cast marks on it and looks like it was made by hand. The shipping only cost 20 bucks which if I ordered a similar mace here it would of been about the same. I would suggest getting their stuff, it's quite good quality, a little rough with their finish but thats what I LIKE about their stuff, as it makes it look hand made.
I ordered April 24th and it got here on May 9th, I missed getting it via Fedex yesterday so they dropped it off today. Fast service and I would buy from them again once I want something new.

Lord Dane:
Ahhh. A flanged mace does good damage. Carry it well and close. :) SMASH!!!!

Sir James A:
Very nice, congrats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version