Main > The Armoury

Riveted Maille Aventail

<< < (7/7)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-05-17, 19:57:20 ---
Nah, the only time I aim for his hands are when he already has a broken finger.

"I swear! It was like that already!" :)

--- End quote ---

Well I only saw evidence of a 'blackened thumb' not a 'broken finger'. So perhaps you are boasting slightly (but then again...Sir Brian does prefer 'hand deflection' as opposed to 'blade blocking' I hear).  ;D lol

Sir Brian:
Hey that is a valid technique that Sir Edward taught me...
...err
...Hey wait a minute! ;)

B. Patricius:
I've been meaning to ask you all this, and I hope it's okay with Sir Brian, but what kind of gauntlets do you normally use for WMA/HEMA training nowadays?  Back when I trained it was all lacrose or street hockey gloves.  Effective at protection, but bulky and clumsy at first

Sir Brian:
Lacrosse are fine for even steel combat. :)

B. Patricius:
Cool, that's what I was hoping. 

I remember when Purpleheart was a small business and I met the guy at the SoCal renfaire, the swords were so nicely balanced we decided right then and there we'd start working with them.   We never went all out though with steel because we never got the rest of our armour together for it, and I was hesitant to be the guinea pig and try it.

thanks for the head's up!  I'm debating on making my mittens large enough to hide my lacrosse gloves I still have.  Brother Amos the Pious over on the AA looks great in his kit with his.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version