Main > The Armoury

Appropriate Helm for cerca 1100-1187 Templar

<< < (6/6)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-05-19, 14:59:52 ---Oh yeah, 3Turrets is Les, he's a nice guy. Talked with him before, eventually planning to get a Wisby gaunt kit from him when I have some other ongoing projects wrapped up. Looks like he does good work.

--- End quote ---

I'm getting a pair of Wisby gauntlets to complete my new kit for more authentic 13-14th century look. Should arrive end of week.

B. Patricius:
Lord Dane :) man oh man, you gotta post pics of those gauntlets when they arrive!  I'm wanting the kit myself.

Les/3turretsarmoury/whonew is an amazing guy.  I've been working with him this whole past week, and continually exceeds my expectations in communication.  Excellent guy!

Silvanus, I sincerely doubt we'll be disappointed.  I basically gave him a budget, my head measurements, and said have fun with them!  I'm getting one in 12 or 14 gauge and then one as well in 16ga without the back of head protection for a living history caliber helm for demonstrations.  I honestly can't decide which version of these helms I like more, so I sent him a bunch of references and told him to have fun with them.  I have to thank Sir Ian for that part, he makes a good point that when a craftsman gets excited about your concept, it's always good to let them make their mark on it as well.

On Tuesday he's getting back to me with a shipping quote, and we'll be going from there.  I can't wait to post up pics of the helm.  If it's alright with Silvanus, I'd like to keep you all updated on my helms in this topic, since my kit is very similar. 

Silvanus, glad I could help you brother!  After you posted your first inquiry here, I started looking around as a man on a mission for some good tophelms.  I can honestly say Les has exceeded my expectations thus far in our goals.

Sir William:
3turrets...I recall that name.  So that's whonew on the AA, is it?  I'd love to have the helm on the right as well.

Silvanus, of the 3 options you put forth, I wouldn't choose any of them- not w/out checking a few things first.  It seems you're aiming for as historical a look as possible- I'd look at some old exemplars first, note the construction method and then compare them w/your examples to see how close they come to it.

Let us know how it goes w/Les...he might get a couple more customers because of it. 

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-05-20, 20:33:58 ---Let us know how it goes w/Les...he might get a couple more customers because of it.

--- End quote ---

For me anyway, it took a while to first hear from him, about a week or so, understandable.  After that, via facebook or e-mail, he's been talking with me quite a bit.  He did say this weekend was a holiday, so I wouldn't be hearing from him until Wednesday or so for the shipping quote.  I'm really excited to find out what helms he's sending me.  I like both of those helms, and that one on the right though, definitely looks different than anything else I've seen being made lately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version