"He is victorious who knows when and when not to fight."
                -- Sun Tzu

Author Topic: New daggers at A&A  (Read 4801 times)

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
New daggers at A&A
« on: 2008-10-28, 03:22:37 »
I don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but A&A just came out with two 15th c. daggers:

http://www.armor.com/dagg226.html

http://www.armor.com/dagg225.html

I'm really fond of the first one, the Chevalier. You don't see too many square pommels reproduced.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Dragonlover

Re: New daggers at A&A
« Reply #1 on: 2008-10-28, 12:09:32 »
Yep! That's a nice one all right!! :D

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #2 on: 2008-10-28, 15:24:51 »

Very nice. It looks like the second one is probably the model that's replacing the one I have, since they're very similar.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2008-10-28, 19:22:56 »

Very nice. It looks like the second one is probably the model that's replacing the one I have, since they're very similar.

I was thinking that myself. Its funny, I never really cared much about that dagger until you bought it and I held it. I really, really like it now.

If the Chevalier handles similarly, I might pick one up. *AFTER* I close on the house, though... I've blown enough money this year as it is!
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #4 on: 2008-10-28, 20:56:38 »

No kidding, same here! And all of the sales and so forth lately haven't helped. :) Personally, I think I'm done with swords and armor for this year. January is potentially a different story, however... :)

Those really are nice daggers. Now that I think about it, I think I handled those over at the Revival Clothing booth at Pennsic. They handled pretty much the same as mine, as I recall. Very nice.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #5 on: 2008-10-29, 12:00:28 »
how about you both go in and buy it together and then mail it to me. then you both don't spend all that amount and feel guilty with it just sittin gin your collections :P hahahhahaha
my personal favorite is the 13thc dagger of A&A with the curved hilt and pommel

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #6 on: 2008-10-29, 15:35:40 »
how about you both go in and buy it together and then mail it to me. then you both don't spend all that amount and feel guilty with it just sittin gin your collections :P hahahhahaha

I will give that suggestion all the thought it deserves. :-P