"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
                -- Mary Pickford

Author Topic: Used & Unused Plate Armor Pieces for sale  (Read 5713 times)

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
Used & Unused Plate Armor Pieces for sale
« on: 2013-04-12, 13:15:17 »
If anyone wants some plate pieces, I have the following:

1.) A full-set of 18-gauge mild steel legs with fish-tail poleyns, front greaves, brown leather straps/brass hardware, NEVER used for fighting. (Late 14-15th century)
2.) One 18-gauge mild steel plate gorget (Front & back pieces) with black leather straps w/ nickel hardware & rivoted straps for spaulders. WORN for renfaire events & fighting but GOOD condition. (14-15th century)
3.) One full-set of 16 or 18-gauge mild steel arms w/ soup-can style elbow guards (14th-15th century). USED in SCA heavy combat. Some slight wear (sword dents) but good for starter kit or fighting.
4.) One set of single rivoted 16 or 18-gauge mild steel Gothic spaulders; Triple lames with brown leather straps w/ brass hardware. NEVER used for fighting (Late 14th-15th century)
5.) One 14-gauge Pembridge-style mild steel closed-face helmet; USED in SCA heavy combat. Some damage but good for starter kit or fighting; NO Liner.

Anyone interested, I'll sell all for $300.00 or B.O. (plus S&H) or piece by piece. I'll take pics & post for any interested. Let me know.   
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Used & Unused Plate Armor Pieces for sale
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-12, 16:42:26 »
I'd like to see pics of that Pembridge, Dane.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-12, 17:38:12 »
I'd like to see pics of that Pembridge, Dane.

Shoot me your email & it's the one in my knight page on my head. It's in rough shape & only good for fighting or dressing up as a tourney helm. It's dented & scratched but strong.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-14, 15:15:05 »

Shoot me your email & it's the one in my knight page on my head. It's in rough shape & only good for fighting or dressing up as a tourney helm. It's dented & scratched but strong.

Dented and scratched makes armor more desireable in my book. Almost all my gear shows signs of use and what doesn't eventually will  ;D