Main > The Courtyard

An important safety reminder regarding jewelry, including wedding rings

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ian:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-04-17, 22:09:36 ---Whats the story behind that?!  ???

--- End quote ---

I don't know the story behind that picture specifically, but it used to be a fairly common occurrence in the Navy when people work on machinery with jewelry on.  Once that ring gets stuck on a moving part, the machine wins.  The other ways I've heard of it happening are falling down a ladder-well or something similar on a ship, and when you reach up to grab on to a ledge and prevent your fall, the ring will typically catch on said ledge, and de-glove your finger.

Around ships and aircraft you'll often see signs telling you to remove jewelry first, complete with such wonderful photos.

Corvus:
James, can you say OUCH!?

That must have hurt like the Dickens!!!!!!

Sir Wolf:
youch. much like my cousin who was welding and had a piece go down his glove and under his ring. YOUCH

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-04-17, 22:09:36 ---Whats the story behind that?!  ???

--- End quote ---

FB:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-04-17, 20:19:34 ---It was posted on FB by someone else as a reminder of the potential of rings to mess you up during training.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Corvus on 2013-04-17, 23:41:41 ---James, can you say OUCH!?

That must have hurt like the Dickens!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Luckily (for me), it wasn't me! If it was, I definitely wouldn't be posting any time soon. :)

Just a public service announcement!

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Jeez, that's horrific. I always remove all rings before combat anyway, a habit passed over from my work.
G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version