Main > The Library

kingdom of heaven directors cut

<< < (4/6) > >>

B. Patricius:
I've been looking into both Ironclad and Arn myself. 

Sir Ulrich, I certainly hope in your history class there were discussions about the inaccuracies of Kingdom of Heaven, not just that it was a good source for history.  Don't get me wrong, I love that movie, but in some ways it can be as historically accurate as "Season of the Witch" or "Knight's Tale."  Both of which I own and love too!  ;D

Ian:
Both Arn (the shorter version, which is still quite long) and Ironclad are available on Netflix streaming last I checked if you have the service.  Haha, I will admit to liking Season of the Witch, and of course I love Knight's Tale, even though it's total fantasy, it's still awesome and I watch it every time I run across it on TV.

Sir James A:
Yes, Ironclad and Arn are both on Netflix streaming. Season of the Witch as well.

I enjoy all of them, and A Knight's Tale, too. A Knight's Tale is my favorite. As a movie, I want the feel and the story - historical accuracy is for documentaries. Not that I wouldn't like more accuracy, but I neither expect nor demand it from Hollyweird.

Ian:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-05-01, 21:10:21 --- Not that I wouldn't like more accuracy, but I neither expect nor demand it from Hollyweird.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  It's fun to point out random inaccuracies here and there, but I think it's an effort in futility and quite silly to look down your nose at every historical drama that hollywood puts out as garbage based solely on the fact that it's not historically accurate.  It can still be a great piece of entertainment.

Now what does bother me, is that documentaries are often just as flawed as hollywood productions, and the people believe what they see as historical fact, not by any fault of their own, but because they simply don't know any better.  If you're making a documentary, you better get your facts right, or go make a drama instead.

Sir Wolf:
ya, even i like all of the movies stated. although i often pull a "Nelson" going "AHA!" when i see something wrong in them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version