Main > The Library

kingdom of heaven directors cut

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sir Edward:

Arn was very good too. I still need to watch the long version. I bought it, but haven't taken the time yet.

Ian:
Arn is great.  I have not had the opportunity to see the long version though.  KoH Director's Cut is pretty good as well.  I love Ironclad for the visceral experience, but the blue-warpaint Danes were kind of silly.  That and by the 12th century, weren't the Danes already Christianized?

Sir Wolf:
yup they wuz!

i have arn, but havent been able to watch it and not be doing something else. so i havent seen it yet

Sir William:
If you've not seen the full Arn, as it were, you need to do it.  Much more faithful to the books, not the watered down version we all have seen (if you've seen it) - when they cut the movie up to package it for our audiences, they took out a lot of what would make the other scenes make more sense.  In viewing the cut up version, its all forced, done too quickly and you don't get a sense of the passage of time, despite being told it.  Incredibly well done...probably my favorite Templar movie.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I did get that feeling a bit when I watched the shorter version. I have both versions now, since I originally didn't have much hopes for them getting the long version out in the US, but of course they eventually did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version