Main > The Armoury

any projects going on in the order?

<< < (2/14) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Well I've gotten my end of all my projects done. They're in the stage of completion by the skilled artisan, BJ the seamstress!

Bascinet-getting bad butted maille aventaille replaced by period (and more functional) padded aventaille, added breaths on left side for vision.

Riveted maille cheater chausses- removed blackening, cut them to shape. Getting them lined now
Hauberk- adjusted sleeves for tighter fit, added neck closure system, moved support belt to natural waist, padded "mittens" of maille

And a little something very special indeed.....  ;D

Lord Dane:
Let's see...
Wake up. Check.
Breathe. Check.
Eat. Check.
Nap. Check.
Listen to wife. Check.
Eat. Check.
Sleep. Check.
Work. Check.
Repeat cycle.
Did I forget to breathe again??  ???

Plus, my wife says that I'm a project. Does that count??

Sir Matthew:
I''ve got 2 to finish in the next week and i I would like to get done in that same time frame, but I'm not sure it will happen.

(hand)Sew a period sack for carrying rations and eating gear.

(hand)Sew a better looking and more funcional Snapsack (and if we can coordinate schedules teach another one of my reenactor freinds how to make one).

Repair my poor broken Matchlock Musket. The front barrel pin assembly rusted and the pin is now stuck in place. I've been working on her for a week now to get the pin out so I can the piece that it goes through on the barrel rewelded to the barrel and then put the barrel back on the stock. This Musket is a simply beautiful piece, but a constant problem child.

Sir Wolf:
ok got my mittens half way decent. now they don't lie so flat and look like oven mits when not on my hands. (don't buy the GDFB riveted mail mittens. I have done more work to them and they still don't look right. make a pair yourselves.) learn from my mistake.

Sir Wolf:
painted my son's ren faire axe. the wooden ones sold over by the joust arena. brown handle with a primer colored axe head.
also made my oldest a new wooden shield the size of my son's. her's was the small one (cause she was like 2 when i bought it for her) she gave it to the youngest so i cut out a new one, primered it and put straps on it. she wants like purple or pink.... i don't have those spray paints lol.

what next shall i do in the last few hours on a Sunday?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version