"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
                -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Author Topic: FS: "Gorget" for strapped spaulders/pauldrons/arms  (Read 14031 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: FS: "Gorget" for strapped spaulders/pauldrons/arms
« Reply #15 on: 2013-04-05, 15:28:23 »
Thing is, that you can type "2 grand US" without batting an eyelash lets me know how much love you have for re-enacting.  Good on you, man.  I've dropped that much on a sword/scabbard project (twice, but don't tell my wife lol) and the anticipation, the waiting just to get to the right number so I could pull the trigger on this or that sword was maddening!

I almost typed "now that I have pretty much everything I want/need..." and then realized how ridiculous that would sound.  For me, its more about calming the knee-jerk reactions whenever I see posts like Allan's or this one and I have to force myself to stay...stay...not now, not yet, other things, other things...so much so, its become somewhat of a mantra.  lol

Sir James is particularly insidious when it comes to that...between him, Ed and the rest its a wonder I have anything in my pockets besides lint and candy wrappers.  ;)
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 2013-04-05, 16:06:42 »
Sir James is particularly insidious when it comes to that...between him, Ed and the rest its a wonder I have anything in my pockets besides lint and candy wrappers.  ;)

You are definitely a bad influence Sir James...I think you are more insidious than the likes of Sirs Edward and Wolf, they just tell me to buy it, you give me reasons that aren't really reasons, but they sound good.  lol

How about this .... "What is a reason, except an excuse that you can't easily dismiss? Need I give a reason to buy armor? Is the whole enjoyment of buying and getting armor not enjoyment enough? Seek fulfillment from within ... within a suit of armor! BUY ARMOR!!" 8)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2013-04-05, 18:03:28 »
Insidious...it seems I like this word.  LOL

And I have...got a new CoP to show off, I do.  I hope I can get it to work with my existing arms and legs...it won't look pretty, but it'll get the job done.  Then I can work on the 'show' harness.

Y'know...that Eastern Mongol lamellar kit I was eyeballing before it got bought locally is still stuck in my head.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€