Main > The Armoury

New Dark Knight look

(1/2) > >>

Lord Dane:
Here's the new look I'm modeling my dark knight kit after (close to finishing all my parts). What do you guys think?? 

Pic image is small so here's link to image:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Coat+Of+Plates&Form=R5FD4#view=detail&id=E41E9AF37D4D0FCA61B723ED720F1EB8BF83704B&selectedIndex=21

SirNathanQ:
Looks cool. You could make that same kit decently accurate if you replaced those late 15th cent arms with some mid 14th century ones. Same thing with the greaves, and polyen.

Sir Ulrich:
I like it, like Nathan said I would suggest different arms and legs to make it more accurate. I originally was going for a "Dark Knight" kit as well but I stopped with it and went normal. Maybe I should take it up again but I havn't got black maille to do so. That helms awesome as well, looks like Joe Metz's bolzano helm.

Lord Dane:
Funny you said that Sir Nathan. :) That's exactly what I did. I got some 13-14th century transitional arms and legs (Black leather w/ with brass rivoted steel plate strips underlayed) and I am blackening the mild 16g steel now. I rivoted some brass maltese/pattee crosses to the elbow cops and poelyns. The greaves are just front coverage and I hate sabatons so I am leaving those out. I will be wearing a black gambeson with brown leather straps (in front), topped by either black riveted maille or a black leather brigandine/coat of plates covered by a custom thigh length, sleeveless tabbard. The pauldrons and Great Helmet are seen in my avatar. I will also be wearing a black leather gorget underlayed by brass rivoted steel plate strips.

Sir James A:
Looks pretty cool and your description of the changes shoulds interesting. I think black/brass is a wonderful combo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version