Main > The Armoury

Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again!

<< < (5/5)

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-03-29, 14:25:37 ---Since they had to re-wrap the jute cord when they replaced the blade, methinks I should add a protective wrap around the grip and here is what I came up with and I cannot believe I didn't think of this before! I got it on sale too and in my 'colors'  ;D
--- End quote ---

This stuff worked out really well! It comes with a pair of rolls so I was able to wrap both the Meyer and my aluminum sword. I had to re-wrap the Meyer as I had the windings too close together and the surplus leather actually messed up the balance of the blade a bit, but a wider wrapping method provided the necessary protection yet didn't compromise the balance. Of course you can't anchor the end as you do a bicycle handle bar so a bit of glue and cord wrap overnight does well enough.  :)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-04-08, 15:26:51 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-03-29, 14:25:37 ---Since they had to re-wrap the jute cord when they replaced the blade, methinks I should add a protective wrap around the grip and here is what I came up with and I cannot believe I didn't think of this before! I got it on sale too and in my 'colors'  ;D
--- End quote ---

This stuff worked out really well! It comes with a pair of rolls so I was able to wrap both the Meyer and my aluminum sword. I had to re-wrap the Meyer as I had the windings too close together and the surplus leather actually messed up the balance of the blade a bit, but a wider wrapping method provided the necessary protection yet didn't compromise the balance. Of course you can't anchor the end as you do a bicycle handle bar so a bit of glue and cord wrap overnight does well enough.  :)

--- End quote ---

All of this good review, and yet, Sir Brian - no pictures. For shame! :D

Sir Brian:
Why post a picture when you can see and feel with your own eyes on Sunday! ;)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-04-08, 21:34:14 ---Why post a picture when you can see and feel with your own eyes on Sunday! ;)

--- End quote ---

Two words: "Sir Wolf" ;)

Sir Brian:
Well he will just have to wait! I need to skive the end of the tape so it will offer less edge to get caught and pull up. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version