Main > The Great Hall

Greetings, Noble Knights

(1/5) > >>

Sir Marcus:
Allow me to introduce myself.  I am Sir Marcus.  Or to the poor souls that do not understand the things I do, just plain old Mark. I found this fine place via the Book of Faces.  I know Frater de Beaumanoir from there and his Beausant Brotherhood, where, as you may have seen, I've been known to represent the Hospital. 

Historically I tend to lean towards the late Dark Ages and early Middle Ages, but I admit I'm a sucker for most things medieval.  I've always been fascinated by armor, I've just never "made the leap" so to speak (in this galaxy anyway).  I am always looking for new companions in this hobby, as I tend to be the only one around here that seems interested in it.  I'm only just now exploring the possibility of joining the SCA.  My wife and I have avoided it up till now due to silly things like ex-husbands and such, ;) . 

I am an avid costumer, and as I hinted at earlier, I have armor of the Empire from that galaxy far, far away.  However, I tend to be more of a collector of costumes I fear, as I have a job that doesn't allow me ample time to enjoy them.  That combined with a 3 year old apprentice, I'm lucky to get out 2 or 3 times a year. 

All that being said, I'm looking forward to learning more and perhaps one day joining your ranks. 

Sir William:
Welcome to the forum, Marcus...you are in good company here.  I see someone might be a fan of Bernard Cornwell- fate is inexorable. 

Sir Marcus:
You are correct, Sir!  I found the Saxon Chronicles last week and have already read the first 5 books.  I havent read that voraciously in a very long time. 

Sir Wolf:
huzzah and welcome

Lord Dane:
Welcome Sir Marcus (even if repetitious). :) Here's another famous movie quote you might recognize from a fellow Hospitallier:
"What God requires of you is here (pointing to the heart) and here (pointing to the mind), and what you choose to do with them every day, will make you a good man ... or not." (One of my favorite lines from Kingdom of Heaven)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version