Main > The Armoury

Sir Ulrich's shield

<< < (4/6) > >>

Sir James A:
Steel or Iron, either way, we're not going to get the same metal they did, so either or. One of mine has steel trim.

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah thats the issue, I wish we still had good iron or wrought iron to work with. Everythings steel which has a silverish color. Wrought iron as in my coif actually tarnishes to a blackened color. But meh I could always take vinager and darken the steel to look like iron. I even accidentally spilled some vinegar on my coustille sword and parts of it turned black, maybe I could antique it that way.

Sir Ulrich:

Well it came, I am quite impressed by it it's also thinner and lighter than my other shields which is good so it wont weigh me down on it. Sure it looks magenta in the pics but in person it's actually red, they also did a good job with the painting heraldry. Only issue I got on the back is the gauge actually rubs against my arm, but that shouldnt be an issue with my hauberk or gambeson on.

Sir William:
Wow, that came out very nicely!  When you say the guige rubs against your arm, in what fashion?  It should go around the neck and shoulder- the way it works is it allows you to bring your shield forth, or hang it back without having to make any unnecessary movements like taking it off to re-hang it. 

Sir Ulrich:
Well it mostly has to do with me wearing a short sleeve shirt so the leather is a bit abrasive to my skin. It is all adjustable so it should be fine, just a bit of an issue for those of us with long hair , but in armor it shouldnt be a problem cause my hair would be tied back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version