Main > The Armoury

Spurs

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2013-03-21, 08:11:39 ---How much do gilded ones cost?

--- End quote ---

$20 extra

Sir Ulrich:
Allright I am planning on getting a pair, still unsure of what type to get, i'm doing late 13th early 14th century, I DO like the look of the spurs with the stars more than the "prick spurs" I may get them gilded, not sure if it's ok for me to get them gilded cause I'm not yet a knight in this order, I also read that military orders like the teutonic knights had orders AGAINST having decorative parts in their armor so maybe I should just go with bronze just for that. Still gotta make up my mind fast because I want them in time for the reenacting season.

https://www.quietpress.com/spurs.html
There are my choices, I think going with an earlier design would be better cause there might be older types passed down in later centuries. I did read prick spurs never died out. I still like the ones with the stars better cause they make that clinging noise when you walk and that might be cool to me for some reason.

Sir William:
Oh, its very cool, Ulrich.  You can't hear the prick spurs at all...but you can hear the rowels jangling as they spin on their own and such.  I love it...although you won't hear it while you're on the Fairegrounds unless its quiet - which it usually is not.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-03-29, 18:55:16 ---Oh, its very cool, Ulrich.  You can't hear the prick spurs at all...but you can hear the rowels jangling as they spin on their own and such.  I love it...although you won't hear it while you're on the Fairegrounds unless its quiet - which it usually is not.

--- End quote ---

I prefer the metallic clang from separating my sword blade from its scabbard to jangling spurs in getting knightly attention, Sir William. Maybe you would be perfect for the wild west show, Wild Bill (William). lol :)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2013-03-29, 18:07:58 ---Allright I am planning on getting a pair, still unsure of what type to get, i'm doing late 13th early 14th century, I DO like the look of the spurs with the stars more than the "prick spurs" I may get them gilded, not sure if it's ok for me to get them gilded cause I'm not yet a knight in this order, I also read that military orders like the teutonic knights had orders AGAINST having decorative parts in their armor so maybe I should just go with bronze just for that. Still gotta make up my mind fast because I want them in time for the reenacting season.

https://www.quietpress.com/spurs.html
There are my choices, I think going with an earlier design would be better cause there might be older types passed down in later centuries. I did read prick spurs never died out. I still like the ones with the stars better cause they make that clinging noise when you walk and that might be cool to me for some reason.

--- End quote ---

Shawn,

I've got a pair of the quiet press 14th Century Rowel Spurs in bronze if you are interested.  I've also got the straps with strap hooks required for the 14th century version.  All completely unused.  If you're interested PM me and I can sell them to you for less than quiet press.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version