Main > The Armoury

New Arming cap

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
23 inches and most helmets fit 24, because I add padding AND a coif size medium helms dont fit over my coif. With this new arming cap they fit rather snug and it's much better, my only complaint is my kettle helm is so damn heavy. It was supposed to be 16 gauge but I think it's much heavier, the brim is really thick. Maybe I should sell it and get a better one from Royal Oak, but meh thats asking for too much.

Sir James A:
The snug fit is what keeps it from moving. If you want it looser, it's going to move around unless it has multiple straps. Snug is good; too tight is bad.

I agree with Ian's recommendation.

Sir William:
It would be a pain to have to change in and out of coifs in order to wear the maille coif OR the helm; the thick padded coif w/the maille coif seems to work out best for you so that's the measurement you should go with.

I think have that same arming cap- I like it, nice and thick so the rings from the maille don't drive into my head.  A plain linen arming cap allowed that all too often.

Sir William:
Ulrich, you just got a Royal Oak Armory Dargen helm, right?  I think they've raised their prices substantially...but maybe my memory's off.  What do you think? 

Sir James A:
Yes Royal Oak did raise their prices on a number of things I had on my "someday" list

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version