Main > The Armoury

Battle axes

<< < (2/5) > >>

RackThor:
Sir James, I cannot tell you how much that picture amused me. Thank you for such a post.

Sir William:
Funny you should post this, I just got my axe; and I have Gimli's axe as well- it would've taken a warrior as stout as Gimli to wield it too.  Damn thing's a tank.

But back to my new axe...just got her yesterday off a SBG forumite listing.  This is just a stock photo, I'll be taking some pics - if we get snow, I plan on snapping quite a few shots a la Sir James!

Overall length: 38"
Blade length: 9"
Weight: 4lbs

She's no wilting lily, my newest gal...we're gonna have to put her through her paces at our next gathering.

Sir Edward:

That's a fine looking axe, Sir William!

I actually don't have many axes. I have a small one-handed axe, and I have the A&A Hungarian:

If you're looking for high quality and historical accuracy, A&A is hard to beat. But if you want something a lot less expensive, look at KoA. :)

Sir William:
Thank you, Sir Edward!  I hold a professional jealousy over your axe, and the big Dane (axe that is) that Sir Brian owns...they're some sweet pieces.

Mine's a bit more rough around the edges and the steel may not be as good but for $60 shipped, you cannot beat it.  Its definitely a no-frills weapon; I may try my hand at carving rudimentary gripping areas...the block-shaped haft is mildly uncomfortable to hold after a while.  Best to play with it outside too...nearly lopped off a table leg when swinging it about indoors.  Wife would've had my leg had I done that.  lol

Thorsteinn:
Me & my axe in the mountains. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version