Main > The Courtyard

Eye dominance and fighting.

<< < (6/7) > >>

Sir Edward:
Astigmatism shouldn't matter either, since that's a focal-depth issue that tends to get buried in the overall blurriness in your vision. (for those wondering-- it's a cylindrical distortion in the lens that means that the vertical blur and horizontal blur are different, because the eye now has two focal depths, and both of them (usually) are wrong. That's a simplistic way to put it, as in actuality the distortion axis may not be strictly horizontal or vertical).

A convergence issue could affect depth perception, though... so that might be a different matter. How severe is it?

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-03-08, 20:54:25 ---Astigmatism shouldn't matter either, since that's a focal-depth issue that tends to get buried in the overall blurriness in your vision. (for those wondering-- it's a cylindrical distortion in the lens that means that the vertical blur and horizontal blur are different, because the eye now has two focal depths, and both of them (usually) are wrong. That's a simplistic way to put it, as in actuality the distortion axis may not be strictly horizontal or vertical).

A convergence issue could affect depth perception, though... so that might be a different matter. How severe is it?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, what he said. LOL   ::)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-03-08, 20:27:11 ---I forgot to say I'm astigmatic and have eye convergence issues.

They are both mild enough I can filter them out with my glasses correcting for one or the other, but when I fight I'm not wearing glasses. The pic below hopefully shows what I see like without my glasses. This may have been caused by head trauma some 25 years back.

--- End quote ---

Go for the middle; better chance at hitting "both" of them.  Or go all Doc Holliday and pull out two swords...one for each of'm.  ;)

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Astigmatism shouldn't matter either, since that's a focal-depth issue that tends to get buried in the overall blurriness in your vision. (for those wondering-- it's a cylindrical distortion in the lens that means that the vertical blur and horizontal blur are different, because the eye now has two focal depths, and both of them (usually) are wrong. That's a simplistic way to put it, as in actuality the distortion axis may not be strictly horizontal or vertical).
--- End quote ---

Agreed. 

--- Quote ---Go for the middle; better chance at hitting "both" of them.  Or go all Doc Holliday and pull out two swords...one for each of'm.  ;)
--- End quote ---

In that case, draw both swords out and say: "I will have to kill both of you."

Lord Tristin:
Sir Nathan, I agree wholeheartedly. De-fanging the snake is the most practical measure in fighting an opponent with a large heavy hitting weapon. strikes to the wrist or hand cause your opponent to drop their weapon, and you really don't need to hit very hard to do it.

As far as eyes are concerned, watching your opponents hips is ideal, they have to move them to attack or defend. Again you shouldn't focus on any particular part of their body all the time.  I speak from my personal experiance though and  Iam sure some of the Knights here have more combat experience than I.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version