Main > The Courtyard

Eye dominance and fighting.

<< < (5/7) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2013-03-05, 04:30:23 ---newfangled candy weapons!  ;)
--- End quote ---

Okay, now that it's in my head ... we had candy necklaces as a kid. We have 3 foot long gummy worms. And 10 pound gummy bears.

Somebody step up and make candy weapons!

Re: Eye dominance and fighting - I think the rifle one makes sense, since you close one eye when sighting to shoot. I think. I do that with a bow, so I guess a rifle is the same. For martial arts, I'd say it's a lot less likely to affect so greatly, unless it messes with depth perception.

Sir Wolf:
i fight with my eyes closed and screaming like a lil girl

Joshua Santana:
This entire subject got me thinking and I will say this. 

Eye dominance is subjective to one thing only.  How you can focus sight and attention to a single point.  Whether it be right eye or left eye, it boils down to the level of concentration and attention.  At times when I bout, I focus straight forward in spite of the fact my right eye is stronger than my left eye.  This has come from my training where I would make my sword cuts against a reflection of myself (in front of the TV, turned off) and I would slowly let my eyes and mind process the cut or thrust or technique I would perform. Slowly progressing with more speed as to allow the muscle memory and visual memory work together.  I suggest Thoresteinn that you give it a try and let me know. 

Thorsteinn:
I forgot to say I'm astigmatic and have eye convergence issues.

They are both mild enough I can filter them out with my glasses correcting for one or the other, but when I fight I'm not wearing glasses. The pic below hopefully shows what I see like without my glasses. This may have been caused by head trauma some 25 years back.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-03-08, 20:27:11 ---I forgot to say I'm astigmatic and have eye convergence issues.

They are both mild enough I can filter them out with my glasses correcting for one or the other, but when I fight I'm not wearing glasses. The pic below hopefully shows what I see like without my glasses. This may have been caused by head trauma some 25 years back.

--- End quote ---

Have you consulted an eye doctor about correcting your acuity via any procedure??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version