Main > The Armoury

New Dark Sword Armory Sword.

<< < (3/3)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-02-20, 21:53:35 ---
Dane, Nathan said something about your sword?  Where'd he do that, I don't see it anywhere.

--- End quote ---

He said it privately because God forbid he mention anything complimentary about 'Templars' in public being so 'Teutonic' as he is. :)  ;) LOL

Sir Ulrich:
Congrats, I think DSA is a good way to go if you want the "full package". Prolly would of went with one if it werent for the Albion and custom colors I am getting with my package when it is finished. I did handle Nathan's one at DoK and it felt quite good in the hand, too bad I didnt come for any of the cutting sessions, prolly would of had a bunch of fun doing it.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2013-02-21, 06:48:59 ---Congrats, I think DSA is a good way to go if you want the "full package". Prolly would of went with one if it werent for the Albion and custom colors I am getting with my package when it is finished. I did handle Nathan's one at DoK and it felt quite good in the hand, too bad I didnt come for any of the cutting sessions, prolly would of had a bunch of fun doing it.

--- End quote ---

It is rather heavy for its size. Feels like a Del Tin of similar size. Has a nice feel, good balance, and is certainly cheaper but I will be eventually getting an Albion. I like to try everything out.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-02-21, 05:15:20 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-02-20, 21:53:35 ---
Dane, Nathan said something about your sword?  Where'd he do that, I don't see it anywhere.

--- End quote ---

He said it privately because God forbid he mention anything complimentary about 'Templars' in public being so 'Teutonic' as he is. :)  ;) LOL

--- End quote ---

I think you are attributing to him behavior that would be more in line with yourself.  lol

I have had only one DSA (their first edition Ranger, at over 5lbs it was a heavy tank; it also had a number of issues that ultimately led me to sending it back and getting a full refund), and this was before they started modeling toward historical plausibility- but their blades, while more refined, are still pretty much the same.  They make no use of distal taper at all, nor hollow grinding so the blades are a little heavier than you'd expect- they started building for the beater crowd and segued toward being more historically accurate to get into competition w/the other more established shops.

I think they are decent swords for the price...Sir Nathan's got the DSA Knight and it is a handy little sword, albeit a little on the heavy side at over 3lbs and only 35" in length.  Still...it makes for a beastly cavalry sword.

Their longer swords, especially the ones like you have Dane, are a good deal better than their initial offerings- and was done in response to people who loved their offerings, but wanted more options.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-02-20, 20:17:06 ---Nice weapon Lord Dane!  Let us know when it tastes first blood, or water bottle... :)

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-02-20, 17:32:58 ---I remember this sword...it was at the center of a design controversy on SFI.  That is a nice looking acquisition.

--- End quote ---

Do tell!

Watter bottle?? This thing is going to go through a water jug typically used for ballistic firing drills/range shooting.  ;D I get in trouble for the blood spilling at work especially if the source in question is some kind of 'cutlery'.  ::)

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version