Main > The Armoury

Tailoring my maille.

<< < (12/13) > >>

Ian:
Sir Ulrich, it took a long time to convince you to do this, and I hope you see now that it was well worth it, because your hauberk looks a thousand times better, and I bet it feels a thousand times better as well.

Sir Wolf:
very nice man. can't wait to see that and your new coat of plates over it

Sir Ulrich:
Finished tailoring it today

It feels a lot better on me not like a liposuction patient anymore. Now I still have to replace the butted links with riveted ones once my tool with more leverage comes cause my old one doesnt have enough to rivet the rather thick links I got. Now just to somehow attach my chausses to my C belt, as I wont be getting my pourpoint in time for the faire to meet my friend. Prolly will have it by Days of Knights 2.0 though.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2013-07-30, 03:55:12 ---Now just to somehow attach my chausses to my C belt, as I wont be getting my pourpoint in time for the faire to meet my friend. Prolly will have it by Days of Knights 2.0 though.

--- End quote ---

Leather tab and some simple lace, have a pic of it here, last picture:

http://james-anderson-iii.com/tutorials/pages/pointing-leg-armor/

You can also do an "X" lace, but the two-hole works fine (same way as done with plate legs)

Sir Ulrich:
I got tie in the back ones which are a bit harder to put on, I usually just lace the leather between the rings and let it hang that way.
I am still debating on if I should cut a horseman's slit in my hauberk, I mean I am skinny enough to the point where I can sit down FINE without one but I want to look period so I'm thinking of cutting one...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version