Main > The Armoury

Tailoring my maille.

<< < (10/13) > >>

Ian:
There's still plenty of elbow room in there if you want to taper the elbow and upper arm a little bit.  You can still taper the upper arm and avoid the armpit area if you're worried about that.  Also, don't worry about your biceps becoming too big for that hauberk.  You'd quite literally need to have world-class biceps and triceps (triceps actually make up 2/3 of the mass of your arms) that are Mr. Olympia worthy for you not to fit in that.  And if you want to become an IFBB pro body builder, you're many years, and many steroid injections away from worrying about not fitting in your hauberk sleeves :)  With the elbow, bend your arm all the way, is it pulling tight at the elbow?  If there's still room in there, you've got room to taper, which I suspect you do.

Even with the tapering you've done, it looks a thousand times better than the standard tube sleeves.  It looks really good with the helm and mace as well!

Sir James A:
Yep, looking good so far.

Sir Ulrich:

Finished the right arm today, quite frankly the easiest way to tailor maille is to add the rings WHILE you cut them and seal up the seam as you go along. I just used riveted links that I cut butted together for now, I eventually plan to add riveted links which I bought from KOA. I kept the elbow a little baggy for mobility and it looks a lot better than it did previously. I am surprised I got this all done in an hour, I must have a talent for speed weaving maille.

SirNathanQ:
Looks good, keep it up, and your hauberk will be in good shape soon!

Ian:
Really nice job. I'm glad you decided to taper the upper arm too, it looks very good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version