Main > The Armoury

New shoes

(1/3) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Well, considering I had a huge problem with maille chausses at DoK, I am considering getting new shoes from viking leathercrafts. I may just go with natural colored leather so I can dye them whatever color I want, I am getting he lugged soles because that will solve my issue with the chausses probably by lacing them between the cracks. Also another reason I want new ones is because my old ones are pointed, the point sorta screwed with my really wide feet as my toes were numb for weeks after wearing them for 2 days at DoK. The 12th century ones seem wider than the 13th and 14th century so I may go with those just for that reason. Only issue is they dont come in black, so thus I should go for natural so I can dye it whatever color I want, or just go with a natural brown color because black didnt exist till the 14th century in Europe. Does anyone got any expierence with the 12th century ones and they LOOK wider, I just want to know if thats just the picture. I dont want to end up with numb big toes again due to them being too pointed.

Sir James A:
Talk to Frank at Viking Leather. He'll point you in the right direction. I've talked to him a couple times, but all the stuff I have from him is 14th century, so I don't have any feedback for the 12th century.

Thorsteinn:
Viking Leather is good. I'm also a fan of Amlann & Bohemond.

Sir Ulrich:
I mailed him, he said he could get lugged soles attached to my old shoes and get them stretched out if I mail them back to him. I think I am gonna go for it, but I do want another pair in natural leather color because I kinda like the way it looked IRL when I saw it. Glad he's that helpful, I always had trouble finding shoes I liked and his stuff wasnt bad at all unlike the MRL shoes and GDFB shoes I wore which HURT... Only issue I really had was the pointed toes causing my toes to go numb..

Sir James A:
Cool, yeah, Frank is a good guy that does good work. He'll get you set up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version