Main > The Armoury

Finally received my riveting tool

<< < (5/8) > >>

Sir William:
I can't wait to see the finished product.  If it looks as good as I think it will, that might be the impetus I need to get going on mine.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-02-20, 17:43:18 ---I can't wait to see the finished product.  If it looks as good as I think it will, that might be the impetus I need to get going on mine.

--- End quote ---

Well it really isn't going to appear all that much different from when I had the sleeves tailored with the butted rings.  :-\
In reality, the riveted rings just make the alterations more permanent and the seams pretty much undetectable.

SO, no more excuses you and get busy on yours!  ;)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-02-23, 12:54:12 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-02-20, 17:43:18 ---I can't wait to see the finished product.  If it looks as good as I think it will, that might be the impetus I need to get going on mine.

--- End quote ---

SO, no more excuses you and get busy on yours!  ;)

--- End quote ---

Hear hear! :D

Sir William:
LOL

Need the hauberk first.  I decided my 'brightmail' needs to be retired, which is a shame since I only just recently found the matching coif for it.  Ah well.

Sir Ulrich:
I'd suggest the GDFB wedge riveted maille with solid rings if you wanna replace it. Only get dome riveted maille if you plan on either replacing your gambeson or are making it out of canvas or hemp canvas. Wedge riveted is closer in profile to historical dome riveted, plus with the rivet bump on the outside it will still look rather accurate. Unless you wanna get stainless then I would suggest the darkened stuff by icefalcon, I actually prefer regular steel maille simply because it tarnishes and looks closer to wrought iron than stainless or galvanized.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version