Main > The Armoury

Finally received my riveting tool

<< < (3/8) > >>

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2013-02-16, 14:52:36 ---The tool works pretty well! I closed up a small gap in one armpit and will get the sleeves closed up little by little over the next few weeks. :)

--- End quote ---

Speaking of that specific location, I just got my new brass besagews. :) These will look nice when I paint them up.

Sir Brian, these are rather large ones. Do yours secure better by leather ties to your maille or fastened to your spaulders??

Sir Wolf:
pictures or you dont own them

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-02-16, 15:11:29 ---Sir Brian, these are rather large ones. Do yours secure better by leather ties to your maille or fastened to your spaulders??
--- End quote ---

I just have mine laced to my haubergeon. Just curious how ‘large’ is large? I believe mine are 5” in diameter.   ???

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-02-16, 15:23:16 --- pictures or you dont own them
--- End quote ---

Perhaps I'll take a picture of my 'armoring' bench and tools on Monday when I have off and can get more done on it! ;)

Lord Dane:
Oh guess not then... 5" in diameter as well. Just the way they looked on my frame. They are not perfectly flat like rondels. 

Sir Brian:
Well here are some pictures of my 'improvised' armoring bench which affords me greater comfort for my back and the opportunity to watch/listen to the television while I work. The second picture is my sorted tool and material while the third is the obligatory dual pliers setup for removing the temporary butted links and closing the riveted links prior to riveting them.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version