Main > The Armoury

Scale Armor

<< < (2/9) > >>

Ian:
CoP's always pop up on the Armour Archive, just keep scanning the classifieds section every day.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with what you can find on there.  Especially if you're willing to get a CoP kit, which I see all the time on there.

Sir Wolf:
http://www.calontirtrim.com/index.htm contact them about there scale. i have seen a few kits made from them and its awesome.

but i think you want a coat of plates not scales.

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah I think I am gonna go with a coat of plates instead, the DIY scale stuff does look cool though. Could just try lamellar over maille but that wouldnt be accurate to the Germanic part of Europe. If I could get a cheap coat of plates I would like it. Problem is sizing, I do intend on wearing it over my maille hauberk but the weight might get too much so maybe I should go with tempered steel rather than thick steel. Or go for aluminum, but I dont like using non period materials for a lot of my stuff.

Sir William:
Ulrich...are you leaning more towards a Living History interpretation?

Sir James A:
Tempered steel for under $200 would be extremely rare at best. Aluminum, maybe, it's soft and light weight, and if it's covered, it's not a glaring issue. The mail fauld I wore at DoK was actually stainless. Nobody seemed to notice, or at least, no one said anything or even asked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version