Main > The Armoury

Mid to late 1400's archer's breastplate

(1/2) > >>

Todd Eriksen:
Just received my mid to late 1400's archer's breastplate for my English archer persona.  I got it from my friend, Dave Rylak, of "Rough From the Hammer".  I have all sorts of shiny pieces in my collection and decided that for once I'm gonna go with the russet look for this piece and I really like the look.  I'm thinking that someone from a smaller village instead of a larger cities armoury wouldn't always take the time to keep it looking great and just stored it in a corner never thinking it would get used again. 

For some reason the photo makes it look a little like it bulges around the belly.  It doesn't.  Could be the lighting and angle.  Or maybe my belly.  No.  No, way.  Can't be my Mt. Dew belly.  Sometime I'll get the whole kit together and show that off.  Dave does great work and is a great guy.

Cheers!!

Sir Edward:

Hey very cool. That does look pretty good. Didn't want to go the route of just leaving your armor in the corner for real? I think all of my armor will look like this eventually. :)

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote ---Sometime I'll get the whole kit together and show that off.
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a promise. :)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Hersir Thorsteinn on 2013-01-11, 06:32:00 ---
--- Quote ---Sometime I'll get the whole kit together and show that off.
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a promise. :)

--- End quote ---

Indeed. :)

Todd, congratulations on the new acquisition!

Lord Dane:
I'll finish revamping my new kit up in time for new faire season. Black plate & maille with brass trim over black arming jacket and padding; black leather accented arms & legs with some mild 16 gauge splinted stainless steel & brass rivots is going to make for a nice transitional period 14th century English Knight. I am making this my SCA persona's kit to be adaptable from the later 12th century Crusader era to the late 1300's. This will be in sync with my SCA Coat of Arms/Family Crest. Pics to follow with everything else. I like everything to be complete before I show it all off. 

Lord Dane Williams of Framingham shall have an SCA makeover. :) :) Sir Brian, it shall strikingly resemble your harness/kit with some slight variations of course to match my heritage & persona.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version