Main > The Courtyard

Capital HEMA Open

<< < (5/8) > >>

Lord Dane:
Have a good time my brethren. Hit em hard.  :D

Sir Brian:
Here is a video of one of the matches I lost, although it was very close! Alas judges see what they see and don't always see what you hope they should see. - Ya see? ;)

Oh and I am on the left wearing the green gambeson and steel shoulder cops designated as the blue fencer. ;)

Sir Edward:

Wow, long fight. Good one though. Yeah, it looked like there were a lot of afterblows in the scoring, so you were getting just one point at a time, til he got a 3-point hit.

Sir Brian:
Yeah that last exchange was bizarre because when I slow the video down I can see it was actually a double where my follow up Unterhau took him in the forearms less than ½ a tempo behind his thrust; in fact my cut actually lifted his blade off my chest. I had become a bit impetuous anyways by that last exchange because my clean Oberhau to his head wasn’t seen by the judges in the previous exchange and if it had been called I would have won the match then or at the very least if my Unterhau was seen in that last exchange the match would have ended as a loss for both of us which was all I was going for at that point since I had thought I was way behind in the scoring. :-\

B. Patricius:
Wow, that is awesome stuff going on over there!  I'm hoping some of that bleeds westward.  My friend and I tried starting something five years back (wow, five years ago) but people didn't enjoy the classes as they were "too serious"...  umm... yeah... I'm really hoping WMA starts to take off out here.  I know the Adrian Empire guys out here are way excited to have me, so here's hoping that's a start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version