Main > The Armoury

My Current Kit

<< < (3/8) > >>

scott2978:
That helm is pretty sweet. Do you know how it's held onto your head? A thing under the chin or something? I don't think buckled chin straps were a thing until the 15th or 16th century.

Stanislaw:

--- Quote from: scott2978 on 2014-02-26, 23:45:58 ---That helm is pretty sweet. Do you know how it's held onto your head? A thing under the chin or something? I don't think buckled chin straps were a thing until the 15th or 16th century.

--- End quote ---

Chin buckles are actually known from archaeological finds dating at least before the 7th Century AD (take the Vendel helms, for instance). On this design, though, I've opted for deerskin laces due to reduced cost.

Sir James A:
That's a nice looking sword. Those sleeves look plenty long, too. Luckily it is much easier to trim off than to add on. Looks good so far, and very unique helmet choice.

Stanislaw:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-02-27, 00:42:49 ---That's a nice looking sword. Those sleeves look plenty long, too. Luckily it is much easier to trim off than to add on. Looks good so far, and very unique helmet choice.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Yeah, those sleeves might need a bit more trimming. They're currently at a length where the tips of gloved fingers just poke through. Originally, they were so long that I could flail the sleeves everywhere.

Sir Edward:

Yep, just a little more tailoring, and it'll be spot-on. Looking good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version