Main > The Armoury

My Current Kit

(1/8) > >>

Stanislaw:
Hanwei-Tinker 9th Century Viking Sword (Blunt)

Pros:
-Great dynamic handling
-Cheap
-Well-tempered

Cons:
-Thin handle
-Pommel digs into wrist with "hammer" grip (though this can be rectified rather easily by changing up one's grip)
-Possibly not to everyone's liking (weight-wise)

Viking Boots from Viking Leathercrafts

12th-Century Novgorod Pendant made by Jadwiga Wawrykiewicz

I've also got an arming cap from Revival Clothing and a coif of Hanwei GDFB dome-riveted maille, but I don't have pics of that at the moment.  ;D

Sir Brian:
Very nice kit! Do you have any pictures of you wearing it all? :)
(we like lots of pictures here! ;) )

Thorsteinn:
How do the boots hold up to heavy use?

Whats next on the gear wish list?

Stanislaw:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-12-26, 12:37:53 ---Very nice kit! Do you have any pictures of you wearing it all? :)
(we like lots of pictures here! ;) )

--- End quote ---
I have a bunch of other stuff on order, but I will make sure that I have pictures of myself wearing all of the equipment by the time that most of it arrives. :)

--- Quote ---How do the boots hold up to heavy use?

Whats next on the gear wish list?
--- End quote ---

Over the past few days, I have worn them while practicing with my HT sword, and they hold up quite well to me motioning around concrete, (and the occasional dirt) for the soles are made of vibram and the heels are reinforced. I have yet to put them to serious wear and tear tests, though.

In terms of gear to come, I have ordered a rubakha (an East-Slavic styled undershirt/tunic) from Jorgencraft that is currently being made in England, a Slavic-styled helm of Czech manufacture, and some Rus Viking trousers. I will be needing some sort of kaftan to go over the rubakha, but that can wait a bit. This (excluding some of the items above, and whatever I might decide to buy in the future) will complete my soft kit.

For the future of my armored kit, I will probably be procuring some splinted arm guards, a gambeson, and riveted maille hauberk (or maybe some lamellar, as that was widely used by both the Slavic tribes and by the Rus Vikings).

Thorsteinn:
What place & century are you going for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version