"Honor is like an island, rugged and without a beach; once we have left it, we can never return."
                -- Nicholas Boileau

Author Topic: Pennsic - Land Sold?  (Read 3865 times)

Silvanus

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Domini Canis - The Hound of the Lord
Pennsic - Land Sold?
« on: 2012-11-12, 04:01:26 »
My wife - who is smarter and more worldly than I - has friends who vend at Pennsic. They told her that 2013 may be the last year for Pennsic, at least in the land it usually occupies, as that great tract of wilderness and trees has been sold to a developer. I tried looking online to confirm this sad rumor, but could find nothing; although I did watch a lot of videos of battles :) . Do any of you know anything?
'Nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram; non veni pacem mittere sed gladium.' - Apocalypsis 22:21

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Pennsic - Land Sold?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-11-12, 08:40:51 »

Wow, I hadn't heard that. It might be just a rumor of course. What I have heard in the past is that the owners of the land make enough money from Pennsic itself that they wouldn't need to hold any other events all year. And since they do anyway, I suspect it's pretty lucrative for them.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
Re: Pennsic - Land Sold?
« Reply #2 on: 2012-11-12, 18:06:55 »
Speaking of Pennsic, I think Order of the Marshal could use a nice little spot in W13. :) :) But that's just me. lol
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)