Main > The Armoury

The 'one and only' MercTailor peascod cuirass

(1/2) > >>

Sir James A:
Newest acquisition was "right place, right time". I picked up a peascod cuirass that Allan of MercTailor made for a customer, who ended up selling it. I saw it said the "last of the peascods", but didn't realize, it was actually the only one Allan ever made. I was happy just to get a peascod since I can use that to push my harness forwards by wearing it instead of the faulds & tassets earlier style. 8)

As a bonus, the mobility is a bit better than my other cuirass since this one has gussets and is closer to my measurements - of course, *both* of them were armor that I bought made for someone else, and I am positive that if Allan had made it directly for me that it would have no issues.

Sorry for the terrible "cell phone in the mirror" picture. I was going to post good pics of it with the rest of my harness for Halloween, but the parade was rained out so I didn't harness up or do anything...

Sir Edward:

Wow, talk about a stroke of luck, if it's the only one he ever made. Great find!

Lord Dane:
Nice. Looks comfortable. Doesn't hang low or look like it rides up when seated. Good find. What gauge is the steel???

Sir Brian:
Sweet acquisition and most fortuitous indeed!  :)

Sir William:
I'm betting it is 16 gauge and it looks good on you, Sir James.  Nice acquisition!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version