Main > The Armoury

arming jackets?

(1/3) > >>

Sir Wolf:
http://www.amazon.com/Medieval-Knight-Arming-Jacket-Extra/dp/B009BA44WA/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1351192894&sr=1-1&keywords=arming+coat

cotton, not very period looking but in the hmmm does it work area. thoughts? i have a linen one so im good but anyone else?

Sir Edward:

Certainly cost effective. I wonder how durable it is, and how well the fit works out. If it's hidden under armor, the appearance won't matter much.

Silvanus:
That looks very nice. My current GDFB gambeson rather makes me look like the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man. I was hoping to find something lighter.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Sir Brian:
OMG Silvanus! You wear a GDFB gambeson with your armor?  :o
GDFB gambesons are brutally hot and too thick to wear under maille. Perhaps you can solicit the Lady Jessica to accept your commission for one of her gambesons? I would recommend Revival Clothing’s but they could also be considered too thick in the warmer months to wear with maille, besides the period of your harness predates their gambeson design by a 100 years or so.  :-\

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I got my from Jess, and it works very nicely. It's hard to find 12th/13th century gambesons out there as off-the-rack options. Most of them are 14th century or later designs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version