Main > The Armoury

New Albion sword

(1/2) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
I am buying an Albion first gen Crusader off of Jesse Bailey I got the coif off of. He said he could make a scabbard for it as well for 265 for an integrated sword belt scabbard thats hand made. The sword is 350 Wondering if this is worth it but I am starting to think it is because it will be custom colored rather than me settling for other colors that are available. Think I am gonna get the scabbard in very dark brown almost black and the sword belt in oxblood. If I went with a normal Albion I'd just get the sword and would have to pay more for the scabbard, but I've always wanted an Albion. I have handled the sword IRL and like the feel, it's a bit blade heavier because it's an older design and doesn't taper nearly as much and it has a bit of a patina which is what I want. I don't plan to use it in any combat but this will be my "nice" sword rather than one I'll use. 350 for an Albion isn't a bad deal though.

Sir Edward:

Is this the same one you were showing me at DoK? As a first-gen Albion (and thus based around a Del Tin blade) I think the price is reasonable. It's not the "OMG ONLY $350!?" sort of reaction you would have to one of their next-gen models, but for a first-gen it's probably just fine. It looked like it was in good condition, just needed some minor cleaning of rust spots.

I don't think we took any pictures of it, unfortunately.

Ian:
Just realize like Edward is trying to tell you, a first gen Albion is not an 'Albion'  They didn't make the blade.  Del Tin is an Italian company that still makes swords and first gen Albion's used these blades, not the blades Peter Johnsson designs.  If you're looking for the handling and performance of what people think of as an 'Albion sword'  you will not get it with this.  You may want to just keep saving for a next gen Albion and get what you really want.

Sir Edward:

Oh, there's also Albion's "squire line" which have Albion's current blades, but less fancy hilts to make them more affordable (also note that they are not sharpened unless you pay $25 extra for that):

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/swords-albion-mark-squire.htm

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah ever since seeing Albion IRL I want one even if it's the older generation. I don't plan to use it for cutting anything more than water bottles or tatami mats. Even then it wasn't that sharp. The reasoning for this is I tried using my tinker Norman and the Brazil nut pommel dug into my wrists and whatnot so I guess I made the wrong choice. Thats the problem with buying online, you don't get to handle the goods in person to see if you like it. It does look nice though.
Heres the only pic I got of it:
All I really want to know is if it's based off of a historical model. Thats good enough for me if it is and it looked it. Sure it may have a Del Tin blade but that doesn't bug me nearly as much and my folks aren't too kind about me having sharp weapons ._. Also heard Del Tin's arent bad swords

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version