Main > The Courtyard

WMAW 2013

<< < (6/16) > >>

Sir Edward:

Announced dates:  SEPTEMBER 19 - 22  (correction in the quote below in bold):

--- Quote ---Yes, it is an odd number year, and that means the return of the Western Martial Arts Workshop.

On September 19 - 22, 2013, approximately 200 sword-swinging, knife-throwing, wrasslin' and armour-wearing lovers of the Western Martial Arts will again invade the quiet, halcyon DeKoeven Center in Racine, Wisconsin, for what is shaping up to be our most diverse, and full, event program yet!
The first of the large, international gatherings, WMAW has consistently tried to present an innovative program that promotes the entire breadth and depth of what we mean by "historical European martial artws"; from medieval martial arts to Victorian antagonistics, students will have a chance to either sample the entire scope of what we mean by "WMA", or dive deeply into any number of topics.

We are in the process of putting together the final instructor and class roster, so right now there isn't much to see at www.wmaw.us. Meanwhile, here is a hint of some of what will be exciting, new or different this year:
• Four full days of training at a private retreat center, including hot breakfasts and lunches and on-site dinner options.
• We've grown! DeKoeven has expanded and renovated one its halls, so we have been able to increase our attendance size. However, rather than just make class sizes larger, we are using the new space to allow us to provide a more complete set of class and lecture tracks!
• Our largest roster of overseas instructors, ever!
• More coached and open fencing.
• Coached wrestling and "Ringen randori" - a look at medieval wrestling adapted for free play.
• A weekend long, open-list challenge tournament (stay tuned for details).
• An invitational armoured deed of arms.
• Our ever-popular Saturday night feast including a Wisconsin style pig roast, exhibition bouts and entertainment.
Registration will open in March.
Please take note of the dates: September 19 - 22, 2013, and sign up for updates, because registration, especially for on-site housing, tends to fill *fast*. How fast? Well, last time all on-line housing was claimed in 24 hours, and the event sold out in a matter of weeks. In fact, before we could even announce that registration was open, someone noticed and posted on Facebook! So keep an eye open and if you are planning to attend start making your plans now.

Looking forward to seeing old faces and making new friends!

Greg, Nicole, John, Jacques and Christina
Planning Committee - Western Martial Arts Workshop 2013
--- End quote ---

Sir James A:
Ugh, and I have some unwelcome potentially large bills on the way. :(

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Ugh, and I have some unwelcome potentially large bills on the way.
--- End quote ---

Agreed, with University studies on the horizon.  This will make me miss it, but my time to crash the party at WMAW will come soon.   ;)  All will stand in awe of Fiore and Vadi put together, standing short and standing strong against the HEMA Elite.  ;)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-01-09, 19:47:17 ---Ugh, and I have some unwelcome potentially large bills on the way. :(

--- End quote ---

UGH, don't we all?  *thinking increased tax burden*

Sir Brian:
With my planned vacation to Florida late May this year and a drastic cut back at
work of OT I seriously doubt I will be able to swing the expense of going.  :(

*sigh*

perhaps 2015?  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version