Main > The Armoury

Spears

<< < (2/2)

Sir Edward:

Yep, understand the whole buying things at once problem. :)

A shorter spear will be easier to transport, that's for sure. I had to take the head off of mine to transport it to DoK. It's the only way it'll fit in the trucks. So I'm glad I used wood-screws on it instead of a proper peened pin.

Longer ones might cost more to ship (you'd have to ask), but for their regular-sized polearms they don't charge and arm and a leg for it. I think it's like $25 or $30.

Sir James A:
I think I paid $30 for shipping on my Burgundian Poleaxe from A&A. The shipping isn't too bad.

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah, I always wanted a spear but couldn't find a logical way of transporting them to the faire. I don't have a truck and all I got is my dad's Volkswagen and it wouldn't fit there. Still want one though cause it looked good with my common footsoldier kit, works well for it.

Sir William:
I think Hanwei used to sell one that could be broken down (I think at the midway point of the shaft, the two ends were threaded to mate up) - naturally it isn't historical but it is convenient.  If you can find one.

I have a Windlass Euro spear and butt cap that I still need to mount; I'll probably get to that this weekend.  Or not.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version