Main > The Armoury

Wedge riveted vs Dome riveted maille.

<< < (5/7) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2012-10-19, 13:26:24 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-10-18, 22:36:38 ---Don't forget you can use "Fray-Check" (clicky: http://amzn.com/B000YQKIDY) if you need to. You can clip those threads out, dab a little bit of this stuff on, and it glues the threads together in that spot so it doesn't come apart.

--- End quote ---

I picked some up at Walmart a while ago, if you don't want to order it online. Useful stuff.

--- End quote ---

Yep, walmart has it, and any sort of fabric store will have it as well. It's cheap, and works well. It's also machine-washable.

Sir Ulrich:
I actually took a pic of both sides they both look very similar except the "inside" has a smaller diameter rivet tail. Not very pointed but I still want half riveted half non. After seeing a pic of Nathan's riveted maille I want it even more now cause it looks to be good quality. Just hope when I order it it doesn't have those issues I saw in the one you linked to. Probably the quality went up since that pic was taken, after reading my armory's article they said the hole is now made with a drift rather than punch.

Sir Wolf:
i will take a pic of my forth armoury stuff.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-10-19, 19:25:17 ---I actually took a pic of both sides they both look very similar except the "inside" has a smaller diameter rivet tail. Not very pointed but I still want half riveted half non. After seeing a pic of Nathan's riveted maille I want it even more now cause it looks to be good quality. Just hope when I order it it doesn't have those issues I saw in the one you linked to. Probably the quality went up since that pic was taken, after reading my armory's article they said the hole is now made with a drift rather than punch.

--- End quote ---

Yeah Nathan's mail on FB looks great. The pic I posted is from a GDFB distributor, but I don't know the date of it. That's odd, I can't tell inside or outside from your pics. Yours looks like good quality for round rivets. Shouldn't be too hard to sell it and get what you want.

Sir Ulrich:
It's actually better than GDFB dome riveted in terms of abrasiveness. Only thing is the rivets come out easier.I think the problem is punched rings, actual dome riveted maille had cone shaped rings and a flat backside and was drifted not punched. Wish they made maille like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version