Main > The Armoury

New maille coif by Erik D Schmid

(1/4) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Those who went to DoK already know this but when I was at DoK, I was at the Chaucer awards area, where I saw this viking reenactor by the name of Jesse Bailey, I commented on his kit saying he had rather nice maille (riveted with round rings and flat punched rings) So we started talking about maille, he said he had a coif by Erik D Schmid, I was like "I want to see that" He also said he was interested in selling it. I was like "for how much" He said 300 bucks. I knew I couldnt pass that up so I payed him 100 on the spot and payed the rest on paypal when I came home. Needless to say I despise my current maille now, this maille is smooth and does NOT poke or cut me at all. It's round ring wedge riveted, but late for the early 13th century but this kind of maille I was not gonna pass up. It fits MUCH better than a normal indian made coif and doesnt cut my face up when I put it on. Plus it doesnt have a neck opening.

Upclose of the rings:

Heres a pic of me wearing it:

Needless to say getting this was a huge surprise and I really am happy about it. I never thought I would actually get to own this kind of maille, or even see it in person. He also told me this was the same coif in Erik's avatar on the Maille Artisans International league and it saw a lot of combat including that at Hastings in 2006.

Sir Brian:
Sweet acquisition and congratulations! Most fortuitous indeed!  :)

Sir Wolf:
ahaha you got jesse's coif? awesome. ive known jesse for years!!! he used to have a hull hauberk with mittens and integrated coif back in the day. he and wendy are great people and he gave you one heck of a deal!

Sir William:
A Schmid coif?  Glad you nabbed that...I would love to own some of his work!

Sir Edward:

Yes indeed, it was a very nice acquisition!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version