Main > The Armoury

My new arming clothing

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Brian:
Looks excellent! The black will hide the filth from the maille quite nicely! :)

Sir Ulrich:
I tried it on with the maille. I gotta be less rough with putting it on though cause a few threads came loose on the mittens, everywhere else it was fine though apart from one thread that came out. Just hope this lasts because I really dont want it to wear out, it's my current fave piece of clothing I own. Maybe I shouldnt use maille with it? But it's too thin to be just a stand alone jack. It's only the sleeves that wear out though
No I didnt shave, I just been keeping in a goatee for quite a while. I do need to trim it though my beard trimmer broke.

Sir Wolf:
dude, just wear it with the mail. threads pop all the time. just re sew it.

Sir Ulrich:
I'm more worried about it wearing out the fabric but on the chest it's fine it's just the sleeves. Other than that i really like this new gambeson, it's very comfortable and isn't too tight and hot like my old one. It also reaches down PERFECTLY so I'm very satisfied. It's gored as well and isn't just a simple tube and holds the maille much better than my old one. I will however cheat a bit and use a somewhat modernish belt to hold it up, thats going to be under my surcoat so no one will see it, it makes wearing the maille MUCH more comfortable.

Sir James A:
Invisible cheats are a good way to go

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version