Main > The Armoury

Hacking up a sword

<< < (8/13) > >>

Sir Brian:
I'm afraid not.  :(
We usually wait until after MDRF closes and catch CRF a couple of times to close out our
fair season!  :)

Dragonlover:
That makes sense I suppose. We try to go to closing week-end for our home faire as well.
Going to try to post some project pics tonight if I can figure out how to shoot em over
from my E-mail. :)

Sir Edward:

Hey, the sword suspension is looking good! I really need to get cracking on mine, so I can bring it back to faire next week (I have a week and a half to work on it, meaning I'd better do it next week when I have time!)

Sir Edward:

Well, I hacked up the blade and epoxied it into the scabbard. For ballast, I took a section of blade material and slide it down into the scabbard. So while there's only about 4" left on the hilt, there's another foot or so of the mid-section of the blade sitting further down. I'm giving it a full 24 hours to cure, and I'll see how it looks tonight.

Dragonlover:
My case was a bust...  :-[ So much weight up on the ring-hilt, damn
things naturally top heavy and even the 2-point suspension didn't solve anything.
Being a real blade, I diden't have the option of sawing the blade off of this one!
I was forced to do the cheese-flavored thing and epoxy a weight sleeve of black leather
around the bottom of the scabbard. Doesn't look that bad, but I kinda know its there if
ya know what I mean... ;) Gotta do what ya gotta do. makes ya wonder how our forebears solved this riddle...... ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version