Main > The Armoury

Hacking up a sword

<< < (7/13) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2008-09-17, 14:21:26 ---What about the rest of the idea? Do you think my scabbard will look alright painted the
same green as my shield?  :-\

--- End quote ---

That would probably work. I don't see why not. :)

Dragonlover:
I think I'm going to take Bill's approach. I'm going to have a 2-point
suspension on whatever belt I go with. A short belt at the throat seems like
it should keep my ring-hilt from dropping. :)

Dragonlover:
As it turns out, I just realized that opening week-end for Charlotte is in two weeks!
 The missus and I went to Tandy leather in Charlotte yesterday and I am currently
strapping the spurs a most gracious Sir Brian presented me with, and working on
my own 2-point belt system for my ring-hilt. I used a C. Fletcher design and it
looks like it will turn out very well. Took pics of the dyeing process and cutting
yesterday and will post them as soon as I am able.....looks like "crunch time".... :D

Sir Brian:
I can't wait to see it! Wow CRF is in two weeks! Time sure flies during Ren Faire season!  :)

I was successful with counter-balancing of my scabbard so now my sword "prop" hangs as
it should. Here are a couple of pictures with "hands free" - i.e. not having to hold it at the
correct angle.  ;)

Dragonlover:
I know! I didn't think it was for another 3 or 4 weeks! :-\ When Connie told me I thought,
"here we go!" made a new sword belt as well and I'm still pulling excess dye off it!! :-[
Looks like your balancing job did the trick. Looks Great!!!! Are you and your Lady planning
on attending opening week-end in Charlotte? :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version